Which SIM Card do I need?
There are three different SIM card sizes: Standard also know as Mini, Micro and Nano.
There are several ways to find the type of SIM Card your mobile phones uses; you can use our
SIM Card Finder, look on the packaging your
phone came in or the internet for specifications on your mobile phone.
What is a SIM only deal?
A SIM only deal offers a package of minutes, texts and data for a monthly cost, much the
same as a traditional mobile phone contract. The difference, however, is that you don't get a new
phone. This allows you to potentially reduce the cost of your monthly bill as your not paying
for the new phone.
Will I be credit checked for a SIM deal?
If you are looking for a SIM only deal with your current network, they already have all your
details so a credit check is highly unlikely.
You'll have to pass credit check if your looking for a monthly rolling contract or a 12 or 24
month SIM deal contract with another network. If you fail a credit check there are some great
Pay As You Go SIM only deals on the market, the only possible disadvantage with this, is you
have to regularly top up.
What are the benefits of SIM deals?
SIM Only deals are ideal if your happy with your current phone. A large percentage of your
monthly bill will actually go towards the cost of the current phone.
As an example, you could get a SIM Only UNLIMITED Data plan for around £30 per month.
If you wanted a UNLIMITED Data plan with a new phone it could cost over £80 per
If you take a 1 Month SIM Only deal, it also gives you the ability to change networks
regularly to take advantage of any offers.
Should I choose a well know network?
Sometimes the lesser know names offer the best value for money. The lesser know networks use
the bigger names networks, so the quality of the signal is no different, as an example GiffGaff
and Tesco use the O2 network, Virgin uses the EE network.
Can I keep my current phone number?
Yes. You'll need to ask your current provider for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC code).
This can be done by calling them or sending them an email requesting your PAC Code.
Once you have your PAC code from your existing provider, you can call or email your new
provider with the PAC code. The transfer of number is usually completed the next working day. So
there is the possibility that you will not be able to use your phone for a day, whilst the
transfer takes place.
- Unlimited data, calls and texts in the UK – with 5G at no extra cost.
- Entertainment Plans - Enjoy great TV, music or sport, included in your SIM Only plan at
no extra cost. Vodafone will send you details on how to choose your entertainment pack once
you've received your order. Choose from Amazon Prime, NOW TV, Spotfiy or Sky Sports Mobile
- Vodafone Global Roaming - you won't be charged to use your UK allowance in Vodafones 48
- My Vodafone app - My Vodafone app makes life admin easier, so you can focus on doing what
you love. You can manage your account on-the-go, check your usage and bills easily and get
help from us whenever you need it. Just download it from the App Store or Google Play Store
once you have your plan.
- Stay safe online with Secure Net - All Vodafone SIM Only plans come with a 3-month free
trial of Secure Net, to protect you from harmful viruses and websites while you're connected
to Vodafone's mobile network – plus a filter for children's devices, so the whole family can
be kept safe. After your free trial it costs £1 a month unless you cancel.
- VeryMe Rewards - Vodafone's new rewards programme puts you at the very heart of it, with
weekly discounts and giveaways based on what you love.
- Data Rollover - Your data is yours to keep! At the end of every month, Sky will
automatically roll over your unused data into your Sky Piggybank.
- Best Value Pay Monthly, Best Network for Customer Service & Best Pay Monthly Network
at the uSwitch Mobile awards in February 2019
- Manage your Sky TV, Broadband & Mobile with the My Sky app.
- Roaming Passports - roam in over 30 European (EU and EEA) destinations at no extra cost.
- Roaming Passport Plus – access your UK data, calls and texts plan in 12 far-away holiday
destinations for £6 for 24 hours.
- VIP treatment - Freebies and prize draws on Priority. And never miss a moment, with free
O2 Wifi when you're out and about.
- O2 Travel - If you're travelling within our Europe Zone, your minutes, data and texts
will work just as they do at home.
- O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On - included with selected sim only tariffs, lets you roam
in 75 destinations at no extra cost
- Manage your account 24/7 with My O2. - Keep an eye on your bills, data usage and more,
plus add Bolt Ons when you need them.
- 5G is now available in areas of Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London, Slough and Leeds.
By the end of the year, O2 are aiming to bring 5G network to 20 towns and cities, before
rolling out to a total of 50 by summer 2020. Keep an eye on our coverage checker to
see when you'll get 5G in the places you work, live and play.
- EE have been awarded the UK's best network by RootMetrics™ for the sixth year
running. EE is faster and more reliable than any other network.
- With EE's new Smart plans, you can pick your Swappable Benefits at the beginning of your
plan, and then switch them when you fancy a change.
- EE's Swappable Benefits include Amazon Prime Video, BT Sport, Music Data Pass, Video Data
Pass, Gamer's Data Pass and/or Roam Further Pass.
- Data Gifting - Move any spare data from your plan around your family's devices in just a
- EE are launching 5G in 16 cities in 2019. Keep connected in the busiest places with even
faster speeds, quicker downloads that are better quality than ever. Why go anywhere else for
- Data Caps - Keep track of your usage so you’ll never go over your data allowance.
- WiFi Calling - Stay connected wherever there’s WiFi so you can call and text on EE
- Every customer of the iD family can look forward to free EU Roaming, Data Rollover and
- 30 day SIM Only plans - Giving you the flexibility to change or cancel your plan
- UNLIMITED texts - Text as much as you like.
- Data Rollover - Roll your unused data over to the next month.
- Roaming - Roam like you're at home in 50 destinations worldwide.
- Bill Capping - Cap your monthly spend to an amount that works for you.
- Better connected - Get 4G in more places than O2, Vodafone and Three with your SIM Only
deal – plus free access to 5 million BT Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Worry free returns - Try BT Mobile SIM Only or Family SIM Only plan and if you're not
happy within the first 30 days, you'll get your money back for everything included in your
- Roam Like Home - Off on your holidays? With BT Mobile you can use your minutes, texts
and data in 47 international destinations – including Europe.
- Add SIMs and save - Need multiple SIMs? Add two or more on the same plan and save money
with Family SIM.
- USwitch 2019 Best Sim Only Network.
- Smart Cap - Take all the worry out of your monthly bill allowing you to set a monthly
price cap, so you'll never pay more than you expect to. This applies when you're in the UK,
or travelling abroad.
- Roam Like Home - You can use your monthly plan allowance in more than 40 EU
destinations, including; France, Spain, Italy and Germany.
- BOLT-ONS - Having a busy month? Plusnet have a range of bolt-ons available so you can
top-up your allowance until your next plan refresh date.
- 5G Ready at no extra cost.
- Unlimited texts - All Three SIM Only plans come with unlimited texts, so you can send
as many standard rate text messages as you like in the UK.
- Go Roam - Use your allowance abroad at no extra cost. Three plans let you use your data
allowance, text and calls in the UK from abroad at no extra cost.
- Set usage limits and alerts - Along with Three's fixed data allowances, our usage
alerts for minutes and data make sure you never spend more than you planned.
- Go Binge - With Three's Advanced Sim Only plans you can stream your favourite shows,
music & social updates wherever you go without using up your data, including
Netflix, Dave and Apple Music.
- No contract - Just great value plans.
- Roaming - GiffGaff plans can be used in the EU and selected destinations just like you
use them at home, at no extra cost.
- Cancel anytime - GiffGaff's flexible plans allow you change each month or cancel anytime.
GiffGaff will also recommend the right plan for you, even if that means you spend less.
- Always On data - With Always On you get 40 GB of data at full 4G speed. After 40 GB of
data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to midnight.
- Faster 4G on average than O2, Vodafone, Sky and Three.
- Data Rollover - keep your unused data.
- Free WiFi at over 3.5 million+ hotspots.
- Text alerts when you're near your limits - If you're getting close to your minutes or
data limit Virgin will buzz you with a text.